Self defence is not something that can be learned once then recalled at a moment of distress. It must be practiced repeatedly to become reactionary.
Whether you are inexperienced or highly trained, our ongoing self-defence programs will develop the tools you need to protect against individual and multiple attackers, surprise attacks, and weapon attacks. Using rotational movement, joint locking techniques and targeted striking one can learn to overcome an attacker’s size or strength advantage.
Regardless of gender or size, you can learn to effectively protect yourself and your loved ones.
AIDT is a continuous self-defence course based on the Japanese martial art Aikido.
- Learn defence against individual and multiple attackers.
- Empty hand and weapon attacks (edged, blunt and firearm).
- Surprise attacks.
- Strengthen the mind, toughen the body.
- Develop 360° awareness.
- Learn to use joint control techniques, rotational movement and targeted striking to overcome an attacker’s strength advantage.
- Improve your fitness level and over all durability.
- Empower yourself with the ability to react and the tools to change the outcome.
Ongoing weekly programs.
Customised defence programs, private lessons and group rates available.